April 2, 2009

My creation: a fleece pocket diaper!

This is my VERY own creation! I am surprised at how good it looks and how well it fits. I altered the Rita's Rump pattern to my liking and came up with something much different. I chopped off the end of a prefold for the insert that needed to be a tad bit shorter.

It works well, but I am not sure I am a fan of the pocket diaper. I mean, you have to throw everything into the wash whenever you change the baby. With my prowrap covers, I didn't need to do that when he was only wet and hadn't soaked the cover. This cover's inner lining is flannel, so it will be always wet whenever you change the baby.

I used this tutorial (intended for the Honeyboy pocket pattern) to kind of get an idea of how to sew it up. Espeically important is "overlapping" the fleece so that it turns towards the inside at the leg openings - this is intended to help reduce moisture from wicking out of the diaper and onto clothes.

I may post instructions and/or a pattern for this diaper, if/when I find the time... I first have to decide how much I really do like it! :-)







1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Deborah

    http://maternitymotherhood.net

    ReplyDelete